IELTS Essay Writing Tips

One of the major problems students face while writing an essay is the lack of subject matter. They can't find anything to write about the subject. This is natural and can be remedied by reading extensively.

Bacon says: 'Reading maketh a full man.' People who read extensively fill their mind with a lot of facts, thoughts and general information. If you want to write good essays, you must cultivate the habit of reading. Don't just read for amusement. You must also read books of history, travel, biography and science. Fill your mind with fine thought and accurate information. Then you will have plenty to write about any given topic.

Observe

Keep your eyes and ears wide open and learn from the world around us. Practice writing short descriptions of what you see in everyday life. For example, try writing about the people you meet, beautiful scenery and interesting experiences. The more you write, the better you become at writing.

Understand the subject

While writing the essay, the first thing you need to do is to define the subject. It is important that you have a clear and accurate conception of the subject before you start writing. Some subjects are so simple that you can start writing right away. Others require careful analysis.

Collecting materials

Once you have got a clear idea of the subject, the next step is to think about what you can say about it. Essays asked on the IELTS test don't require you to do any extensive research on the subject. All that is required is a little reflection on the given subject. Do not attempt to write the essay, before you have collected sufficient materials. Some students start writing with the first thing that comes to their mind. This is not always a good idea, especially when you write your essay on a paper. This approach will require extensive editing because ideas are unlikely to flash through your mind in the order they should appear in your essay.

A good idea is to jot down your points first. Then arrange them in the proper order. Once you have done that you can start developing each point into one or more paragraphs.

Order

An essay should follow an ordered line of thought. If ideas are not presented in a logical order, it will not make much sense. Before you start writing, make an outline showing the order in which each sub-topic is going to be developed.

Brevity

Your essay should be neither too short nor too long. There is no strict rule regarding the size of an essay - it usually depends up on the nature of the subject. Express your ideas clearly and concisely. Don't add unnecessary words with the objective of making the essay long.

Style

The essay must be written in a dignified and literary style. Avoid using slang or colloquial expressions in your essay. At the same time, don't commit the mistake of writing the essay in a style that is nearly impossible to follow. Instead, use simple and direct language and sentence patterns.

The personal touch

An essay should reveal the personal opinions and feelings of the writer. It should have the writer's individuality in it. If this personal touch is lost, the essay will be colorless and devoid of individuality. Therefore do not be afraid to express your views and opinions in the essay.

You have read this article with the title IELTS Essay Writing Tips. You can bookmark this page URL http://neurotica-exotica.blogspot.com/2012/10/ielts-essay-writing-tips.html. Thanks!

29 comment for "IELTS Essay Writing Tips"

  1. This is great article, like everyone else said, a perfect example of an “Ielts Essay writing”. I am an old writer, but a new blogger, and your help has been invaluable. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s generally better to keep your writing as neutral as possible for this task. You don’t need a great deal of varied vocab here (it’s only 150 words or so), I’d rahter concentrate on using vocab that was as clear and precise as possible. It’s all about clarity not variety. To get more info please visit help-essay.com/dissertation-proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apa format editor is writing with the first thing that comes to their mind. This is not always a good idea, especially when you write your essay on a paper. This approach will require extensive editing because ideas are unlikely to flash through your mind in the order they should appear in your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IELT Sis the way that you can apply the nationality for the study purpose. Without the IELTS you can never apply the nationality of the other countries. The essay tips that you provide through this article is beneficial and it is helping material but you can check out my essay review for the best quality task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of us learn all of the dynamic ways you render advantageous tips via the web site and therefore invigorate response from others on that matter so our daughter is certainly understanding a whole lot. Take pleasure in the remaining portion of the new year. Your doing a first class job. Gordon Tang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

    SEO agency

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!

    Digital marketing services



    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this web site.

    bhakut dosh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks , I have just been searching for info approximately this topic for a while and yours is the best I have came upon so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the supply?
    Oven Cleaning Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  10. After examine a couple of of the weblog posts on your website now, and I actually like your manner of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and can be checking again soon. Pls check out my website online as properly and let me know what you think.
    a maths tuition

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This weblog is excellent i like studying your articles. Keep up the good work! You already know about things to do

    ReplyDelete
  13. Encourage participation from others on that idea so our favorite simple princess is without a doubt understanding a lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the year. Your doing a tremendous job.luxury cruise deals

    ReplyDelete
  14. We absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome site! Middle Of The Funnel (MOFU)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be using? I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest website and I would like to find something more safe. Do you have any solutions?
    web design agencies should communicate well

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike. nearby dental clinic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there! I've been reading your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!
    auto insurance

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused .. Any ideas? Many thanks!
    Event Photographer in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is clearly a bunch to identify about this. I think you made various nice points in features also.
    SEO in small companies

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox. Excellent Blog!
    find a web designer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
    vast majority of all search queries

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thank you!
    choosing an excellent web design company

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics? Thanks!
    local SEO that required boost

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am curious to find out what blog platform you're working with? I'm experiencing some minor security problems with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations?
    Singapore Hotel Packages

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks!
    sem services singapore

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing? I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?
    condo interior design singapore

    ReplyDelete